Programmable platform for data in motion
A real-time data streaming platform with in-line computation capabilities. Use Fluvio SmartStreams to upload your custom logic and modify data as it moves over the network.
Fast & Easy
Fluvio makes real-time data streaming easy for everyone - developers, data engineers, IT operators.
Install in minutes - cloud, data center, or your laptop
Flexible management interfaces - CLI, API, and GUI
Dynamically loadable modules to control traffic in real-time
Cloud dashboard for monitoring and more (Preview)
Powered by Rust
Blazing fast and memory-efficient, no runtime or garbage collector.
Native integration with Kubernetes, to start small and scale on demand.
Declare desired state and the system applies the difference.
All records are written in the order received and cannot be altered.
Apply powerful custom operations to real-time data streaming.
Perform concurrent operations without the penalty of threads.
Deploy your SPUs anywhere: cloud, data center, VMs, desktop, etc.
Universal Client API
Programming languages are bound natively, for optimal performance.
A unified cluster for streaming and stateful computation minimizes delay, reduces operational complexity, and boosts security. When streaming and stateful computation are combined, it sets the foundation for a new class of real-time streaming use cases unique to Fluvio. For example:
- Security: strip out personally identifiable information (PII), and encrypt fields.
- Cleanse: map and transform fields, or filter records.
- Analytics: compute values, deriving composites, and more.
Fluvio uses WebAssembly(WASM) to extend real-time stateful computation to a countless number of use cases. Custom modules are loaded dynamically and applied to any number of data streams. For example:
- Filter patients with high blood sugar in real-time.
- Count all users that have a declined credit card transaction from offset 0.
- Transcode video file when played to a mobile device with insufficient network bandwidth.
Fluvio is highly optimized for machine code, and it does not require a virtual machine or garbage collection. It can scale from IOT devices such as Raspberry Pi to multi-core servers.
- Low latency: single-digit milliseconds response at high throughput and consistent variance.
- Low footprint: small executable and low memory.
- Asynchronous architecture: non-blocking calls to reduce latency and scale to a large number of concurrent streams.
Fluvio operates the cluster automatically with minimum human intervention. The platform implements self-healing by combining a variety of technologies:
- Declarative Management: a technology pattern where users declare intent and the system provisions resources as they become available.
- Reconciliation: the cluster continuously checks system components and brings them to a stable state.
- Replication: all data streams can have multiple copies to reduce the possibility of data loss during outages.
Fluvio was built with the development community in mind. It offers a powerful CLI for operational efficiency and native language bindings for most common programming languages. For example:
- One-Click Deploy: create a cluster locally
fluvio cluster startor login to cloud
fluvio cloud loginwith one simple command.
- Simple CLI: provision streams, apply stateful computations, produce, consume and more.
- Native APIs: support for
Javawith other languages coming soon.
Fluvio platform has all the necessary components to deploy and run a data streaming cluster. The platform has built-in connectors and stateful computation modules to cover general use cases right out of the box. These connectors and stateful computations can be augmented as needed. We invite and appreciate help from the community to expand our collection of connectors and WASM stateful computation modules.
- Runs on Kubernetes: use helm charts to install and provision Fluvio cluster.